Misdemeanor Mental Health Court
Click the topic you want to learn more about from the list above.
If you don't see the topic listed above, please contact Ingrid Hall George at 404-371-2241.
Suspicion of mental illness or formal diagnosis:
Mental Health Diagnoses:
- The MMHC will accept an official diagnosis from a qualified mental health treatment provider
- In the absence of any mental health diagnosis, the MMHC will not accept the case and the case is returned to the trial court
- An order will be filed in the clerk's file informing the court that the defendant does not qualify for MMHC
- Additional active, open and new cases in DeKalb or other jurisdictionss may be cause for termination from the MMHC, unless waived by the Solicitor's office.
- Schizophrenia, Schizoaffective Disorder (Spectrum), Bipolar, Post Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD), Depression, Anxiety Disorder, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), etc.